meanwhile monica and chandler got a divorce and chandler ends up with rachel. ross died. joey kills paul rudd to be with phoebe.
when you and a friend join a fandom together
You’re the best
cap when? not tuesday.
literally me talking to my friends in public
tumblr, i’m drunk. and back or whatever. so. bad wine. kids, don’t drink the bad wine. yeah.
SHATTERDOMEROCKSTARS “MOTHER FUCKING WEREWOLVES” TEEN WOLF GIVEAWAY.
So the Teen Wolf finale was last night! Congratulations to all of us for making it through that rollercoaster!
So to celebrate (and to thank my followers for putting up with my constant Teen Wolf spam) I will be giving away TWO screen accurate clothing items.
First we have Stiles’ Mossimo Supply Co. Men’s Pullover Hoodie with Gray and red stripes from s03e18 Riddled. Size S.
Next up, Lydia’s blue blouse with red embroidered dogs by Tommy Hilfiger from s03e04 Unleashed. Size M.
- You must be following me.
- You may only regret it a little bit.
- You can reblog up to ten times (and I will be checking).
- Likes do not count.
- Contest ends Friday (3/28) at 11:55PM EST.
- No giveaway blogs.
- I can ship anywhere in the US.
- Intl winners will have to pay for shipping (sorry lovelies <3)
You will get one bonus entry if you follow the lovely ladies at Teen Wolf Outfit Shoppe. They were the ones who poured countless hours into searching the net to find these items, so they deserve all the love you can give them. I would not have the awesome Lydia and Stiles items that I own and this giveaway certainly wouldn’t be happening if it weren’t for them. So just email me a screenshot of you following them.
Be sure to check back on this post in case I make any edits!
So. Tried Vegemite. Not as bad as I was lead to believe.
Not doing that again though.
Imma do it again.
How did you have it? Was there a qualified Australian in the room? Try it with tasty cheese too.
It kills me how this doesn’t even look like Harry Potter to me. I mean that in a complimentary way - I hit like just on instinct before processing it was from Shell Cottage. Because they look like any couple grieving and trying to comfort each other, overwhelmed and exhausted and not even caring their clothes are getting wet, just sitting because they don’t have the energy or the willpower to stand anymore. They still have the willpower to hold each other, though.
I have nothing to add other than a) great commentary is great, and b) no matter what happens between them - dating other people, fights over broomsticks and pets, a great bloody war going on all around them - for all their flaws, they’re a better support system for each other than Harry is to either of them. No matter what comes between them, they will always find a way back to each other.
Book Ron was an interesting, attractive and relatable character, and I feel that the movies really unfairly relegated him to the position of comic relief. The dynamics of the trio had to be simplified into hero + heroine + mascot, and that robbed us of a truly fascinating character. So here are a few things you should remember:
1. He really is poor and it matters. HP may have huge issues when it comes to representations of race and sexuality, but deserves a round of applause for having a character come from a low-income background, with the fact of their poverty not glossed over but made into a plot point. JKR is really consistent about this – about the things Ron eats and wears and buys and doesn’t buy, the way he reacts when Harry unwittingly flaunts his own wealth. Poorer kids who have to go without brand name clothes will see themselves in Ron, and richer kids will learn that poverty isn’t something you deserve. Kids who empathize with Ron because he can’t afford to replace a broken wand are less likely to grow up to be assholes who complain about the extravagant lifestyle of people on welfare.
2. He has knowledge about the world. Out of the trio, he is the only real insider in wizarding society. Hermione is the one who knows magical theory and basically everything that can be found in a library. But when it comes to wizarding society and all of its habits, rules and unspoken assumptions, he is the one who can fill the other two in. Throughout the course of the septology, he does almost as much exposition as Hermione.
3. He is actually quite intelligent. Despite what the movies would have you believe, he is not dumb. He is mediocre in most of his schoolwork, and lacks Hermione’s booksmarts, but he is an excellent chess player, meaning he possesses good strategic abilities. He is the one who keeps a calm head while throttled by Devil’s Snare, and he talks Hermione through saving both their lives. He has decent observational skills, after all he was to one to spot inconsistencies in Hermione’s third-year time table. Seeing his common sense and social insight as less valuable than Hermione’s academic knowledge betrays an inherently flawed definition of intelligence. (Especially since academic knowledge tends to be gendered as male, and social knowledge as female, think of Poirot and Miss Marple.)
4. He is loyal. He is the embodiment of loyalty. The movies erase some of the most poignant moments proving this, and hand some of them over to Hermione. But it is Ron who stands in front of Harry, daring Sirius Black to kill them both, despite his broken leg. It is Ron who repeatedly defies Malfoy and even Snape to protect Hermione from verbal abuse. When his mother believes tabloid lies about Hermione, he takes Hermione’s side. When his brother tells him to stop being friends with Harry because of the political risk, he is so furious at the suggestion that he tears up the letter. He is unthinkingly loyal to his friends, this is why it is such a big deal that he leaves in the seventh book – because it contradicts who he really is.
5. He is genuinely funny. In the movies we are more likely to laugh at Ron than laugh with him, and the jokes he makes tend to be somewhat juvenile. But in the books his sense of humour evolves with him and with the reader, leading to this dry, snarky, irreverent tone that is genuinely very enjoyable. Ron is fun to read, and he sounds like someone who would be lots of fun to be around. He jokes a lot, but it is rarely spiteful, and often meant to comfort or distract someone – a proof of emotional intelligence.
6. He is kind. I don’t really how to put this, other than the fact that if Ron was a girl, he would be immediately defined as a caretaker. He stays in Hogwarts over Christmas so that Harry doesn’t have to be alone. He often acts oblivious and selfish on the surface, but ultimately he really obviously pays attention to the wellbeing of his friends. From his words and actions and body-language we can piece together the sort of person who can make life suck less just by showing up, who is always there for his friends even if he cannot do anything specific to help.
7. He has a huge inferiority complex. The movies hardly touch on it but in the books it is his main character arc. He feels inferior to his brothers’ achievements, to Harry’s chosen status, to Hermione’s intelligence. It is explicitly stated in book four that he doesn’t understand how can someone not want to be chosen. The books are far more clear in implying that he gets together with Lavander because he’s insecure about romance. The Horcrux doesn’t get to him through his love for Hermione like it does in the movie, it gets to him through the nagging suspicion that he has never been good enough for anything or anyone ever, including Hermione. And the movie laughed off the scene after the destruction of the Horcrux, when Harry finally gets how much Ron suffered of this fear of being second best and Ron gets that Harry never chose to be chosen. But fear of being inadequate is the primary driving force of Ron throughout the septology, and the movie fails to see value in Ron just as Ron fails to see value in himself: his caring, his loyalty, his wealth of non-academic knowledge and his awesome sense of humour are not tangible achievements, and they are not something somebody notices about themselves.
Movie Ron is the person book Ron is afraid of being in his lowest moments, an incompetent oaf who makes rude jokes and chews with his mouth open, somebody their friends only keep around out of pity and habit, somebody Hermione would have to settle for out of a lack of better options. But book Ron, for all his flaws, is a loyal, funny and warm person with many valuable practical skills. Also: I can imagine Hermione regularly thanking her lucky stars for ending up with someone as amazing as him.
reasons i am a great friend
- i will send links of the things that you love the most in the world
reasons i am a terrible friend
- i will send links of things you love so they will destroy you
YOU HAVE UNLEASHED THE KRAKEN, ANON
"Good luck, Ron!" said Hermione, standing tiptoe and kissing him on the cheek. "And you, Harry-"
Ron seemed to come to himself slightly as they walked back across the Great Hall. He touched the spot on his face where Hermione had kissed him, looking puzzled, as though he was not quite sure what had just happened. He seemed too distracted to notice much around him.
DON’T EVEN THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME HERMIONE KISSED HIM AND SHE WAS SO PROTECTIVE OF HIM RE: THE WEASLEY IS OUR KING BADGES AND RON’S SO SWEET AND CONFUSED AND LOST AND I’M CRYING
The echoing bang of the slammed cellar door had not died away before there was a terrible, drawn-out scream from directly above them.
"HERMIONE!" Ron bellowed, and started to writhe and struggle against the ropes tying them together, so that Harry staggered. "HERMIONE!"
"Be quiet!" Harry said. "Shut up, Ron, we need to work out a way-"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I’M NOT HAVING A BREAKDOWN AT ALL OVER RON SCREAMING HERMIONE’S NAME AS IF HE’LL DIE IF HE DOESN’T SAVE HER NOPE I’M TOTALLY FINE TOTALLY O K A Y
Fleur swooped down on him, too, and kissed him. Hermione looked simply furious.
JEALOUS HERMIONE IS MY EVERYTHINGGGGG THEY’RE ALWAYS SO JEALOUS OF EACH OTHER AND THEY’RE ALWAYS SO BLOODY OBVIOUS ABOUT IT, THE ABSOLUTE IDIOTS
"What do you think about this?" Hermione demanded of Ron, and Harry was reminded irresistibly of Mrs Weasley appealing to her husband during Harry’s first dinner in Grimmauld Place.
"Thanks for the book, Harry," she said happily. "I’ve been wanting that New Theory of Numerology for ages! And that perfume’s really unusual, Ron."
"No problem," said Ron.
This is such a small moment but ??!?!?!?!?!!? HE BOUGHT HER PERFUME LIKE COME ON THAT IS SUCH BOYFRIEND-Y BEHAVIOUR and of course it would be some strange scent that prob makes hermione go “wtf” because ron would be awful at choosing girly stuff like that wouldn’t he ughhhhhhhh just imagining it makes me want to shriek [hearts in eyes]
"And you’ve been though all that persecution from the Ministry when they were trying to make out you were unstable and a liar. You can still see the marks where that evil woman made you write with your own blood, but you stuck to your story anyway…"
"You can still see where those brains got hold of me in the Ministry, look," said Ron, shaking back his sleeves.
"And it doesn’t hurt that you’ve grown about a foot over the summer, either," Hermione finished, ignoring Ron.
"I’m tall," said Ron inconsequentially.
RON IS SO DUMB AND IN LOVE OMG
"You did brilliantly, Ron!"
This time it really was Hermione running towards them from the stands; Harry saw Lavender walking off the pitch, arm in arm with Parvati, a rather grumpy expression on her face. Ron looked extremely pleased with himself and even taller than usual as he grinned around the team and at Hermione.
i don’t even have anything to say right now i’m just gUSHING
"Then the poisoner didn’t know Slughorn very well," said Hermione, speaking for the first time in hours and sounding as though she had a bad head-cold. "Anyone who knew Slughorn would have known there was a good chance he’d keep something that tasty for himself."
"Er-my-nee," croaked Ron unexpectedly from between them.
I’M C R Y I N G THIS PART IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hermione was watching Ron fret over the fate of the Cattermoles, and there was such tenderness in her expression that Harry felt as if he had surprised her in the act of kissing him.
again such a small moment but ughhhHHHHHHH I LOVE THESE LITTLE HIDDEN THINGS THAT HARRY NOTICES I MEAN AFTER ALL WE DO SEE RON AND HERMIONE FALL IN LOVE THROUGH HIS PERSPECTIVE AND IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL
okay i’m gonna stop now but srsly there’s like a million more in particular THE AMORTENTIA SCENE and the HERBOLOGY SCENE WHERE HERMIONE KIND OF ASKS RON TO SLUGHORN’S PARTY OH GOD and the I LOVE YOU SCENE WHERE HERMIONE BLUSHES (!!!!!!!!!) and THE ONE WHERE RON’S MAKING IT SNOW AND SHE MOVES HIS WAND AWAY and THE SLEEPING/HANDS ALMOST TOUCHING SCENE and EVEN THE CoS SCENE WHERE LOOKING AT HERMIONE’S PETRIFIED BODY GIVES RON THE RESOLVE TO GO INTO THE FORBIDDEN FOREST and oh my god someone sedate me i’m dying from feels